Helpful Information From Your Friends at In-House Inspections LLC
It doesn’t matter if you’re buying a historic house or purchasing a relatively new apartment, a home inspection is a must. A thorough home inspection will provide you with a way to spot red-flags such as crumbling foundations or faulty appliances. This will enable you to see if it’s valued correctly, and it can even help you to negotiate money off the sale price should you find issues.
With so much to go over, it can be all too easy to miss things. Read on for the complete home inspection checklist, so that you can examine every part of the house properly.
Before You Begin
You can narrow down the chances of finding big problems with a house by first doing a little legwork. It’s best to choose a realtor who has a good reputation and reviews. They are more likely, to be honest when it comes to showing you around the house.
Depending on the specific region that you are buying in, you may also be able to ask your realtor for certain documents prior to visiting the house. This can include things like energy efficiency ratings and past structural surveys.
Remember to bring your phone to the viewing so that you can read through this checklist, note down any areas that have problems and also take photos.
Your Home Inspection Checklist
1. Outside of the House
- What condition are the shingles in, and are there any missing?
- Is the trim installed properly?
- Can you spot any signs of leaks?
- Does any part of the roof need to be replaced?
2. The Structure and Foundation
- Can you see any cracks or damage on the exterior walls?
- Are there any large trees growing near to the house?
3. Garden Area
- Can you spot any water-logged areas?
- What state is the driveway in?
- Is the draining sufficient?
- Can you spot any molehills?
- What state is the garage in?
4. Inside of the House
- Check all of the appliances in the house – are they working and in good condition?
– Structural Elements
- Has there ever been any major damage to the home caused by fire, floods or natural disasters?
- Are the walls in good condition?
- Can you see any stains on the ceilings?
- Are the outlets grounded?
- Has there been any major issues with the electrics?
- Do the lights work?
- Is the shower pressure sufficient?
- Are there any leaky taps?
“Bill has extensive knowledge when it comes to inspecting homes. He’s fast, efficient, thorough and has reasonable prices. Give him a call to get a quote for your next inspection.” – Review of In-House Inspections LLC By Laura Wallace
Home Inspection for Buyers
You can choose to do the inspection yourself, or you may want to invest in home inspection services. They will send a knowledgeable professional who will thoroughly inspect the property and can spot issues that you may miss. They will compile a detailed report that includes photos that you can review and even show to the existing homeowner.
Whether you choose to hire a pro or do it all yourself, a home inspection is an essential part of the buying process. A professional home inspection will cost you, but it will certainly be worth the money in the long run. Happy house hunting.
If you or someone you know is purchasing a home and needs a quality home inspector in Memphis, TN, be sure to give In-House Inspections LLC a call (901) 609-7555 Today or Click To Schedule Online 24/7 Right From Our Website.
Related video you might like:
Hire Us And Know Your Property Better.
Choosing In-House Inspections LLC means choosing a team of conscientious, educated professionals focused on your investments.
At In-House Inspections LLC, we deliver detailed, accurate, and affordable home inspections in Memphis, Arlington, Shelby, Tipton, and Fayette Counties in West Tennessee and Desoto, Marshall, and Tate Counties in north Mississippi. We have been protecting home buyers and sellers since 2006. We take home inspections seriously and always find it an honor to inspect your prized real estate investments.